How to Start Meditating - Understanding the Benefits of Meditation for Pain Management




The last few years of recovery has really been a physical and mental struggle.  As many of you may have suffered from an injury can understand, you feel lost and trapped when you aren't feeling yourself. I started to let the overwhelming negativity take over my thought process. I was never one for self-doubt - (I even had to look up the spelling of the word doubt.) But when I couldn't physically do many things, I started questioning my own self-worth and the value of my relationships. It's hard to not play the victim, it's a bad cycle. In the end, I learned that people can't be affectionate or nice towards me if I'm always in a bad mood.  I couldn't let the chronic pain and bad experiences mold the rest of my life.

It all starts with me.

My life and body aren't what I was familiar with but I have to make the most of it.

This is my second chance to get to know myself better. To be true to me. And find my own pace and peace. We are too tough on ourselves. Life is tough enough, so remember to be kind to yourself.

Meditation helps relieves your mind of the struggles and traumas. Of our excessive need for perfection and unattainable expectations. Meditation speaks to your body and mind,  to calm your inflammation with your breath. To finally for the first time learn how to relax and slow down. Meditation allows for free-flowing thinking and movement.  

Meditation starts with simply noticing your breath, acknowledging your body and space. Allowing space to exist between thoughts, and learning to let go. To cultivate a non-judgemental heart, where right and wrong doesn't matter, only our blessed existence and the current moment. 

Some of these videos helped me understand meditation better. 

Maybe they will help you too.


How Meditation Changed My Life



Happiness is all in Your Mind





Meditation is simple. It's putting yourself in a peaceful state of mind.

You cannot control things that happen to you, you cannot control what people do and think. All you can control is yourself, and how you respond to the world around you. And in turn, the positivity you radiate will affect how the world responds to you.

So I try extra hard each day to have a positive peaceful state of mind.

My current Mantra: "Peace Starts, With Me"
(Borrowed from @WHOWOREWHAT Podcast about Meditation)

Try This Exercise:

Fill your inside with the light.
Breath in through your nose, repeat "Peace Starts,".
Breath out through your mouth "With Me".
And exhale the negativity.

May peace be with you. 
                                       








Comments